Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween!


Trick or treat! Its that time again, in a few days its Halloween! Bring out your candy bags and masks and get ready to go out and trick-or-treat! What makes an amazing Halloween is having good experiences while trick-or-treating. Some people don’t have such a great time .


I recently interviewed a good friend of mine, Cody Fields resident of Rochester, about Halloween experiences. I asked, “Do you have any Halloween story's?” Fields replied, “Yeah, I was trick-or-treating in Okoboji, Iowa and I was running down a street from my brother and I tripped and chipped my tooth on a curb.” I guess candy isn’t the only thing bad for your teeth during Halloween.


Trick or treating also has many traditions. Carving pumpkins, trick-or-treating, dressing up, passing out candy, decorating. Setup events like pumpkin patches, haunted houses, and haunted caves. There are family traditions as well. I asked Fields if he had any Halloween traditions and he states, “I always eat a large dinner with my parents and watch some T.V., I usually don’t go trick-or-treating.” Trick-or-treating should not have an “age requirement.”Halloween is about having fun.


Dressing up this year adds to the fun and feel of Halloween. Pick out a favorite costume this year and maybe you’ll get more candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your constructive and relevant comments. We moderate comments with the understanding that you, our readers, are protected and not misrepresented. Please understand that comments that are argumentative, combative, or deemed "not classroom appropriate" will not be published.

Thanks for reading our student produced publication!